Supported Independent Living
We work with you, accepting and supporting individual choice for a better life, your life, your choice.
The benefits of Shine Social and Communities
At Shine SC Supported Independent Living homes, we go above and beyond to ensure that our participants feel at home, we empower all individuals to feel safe and happy. Our Shine SILS homes are filled with care, friendships and the best quality supports available.
Shine SC work alongside Participants and stakeholders to find the correct accommodation, location, and personal preferences approach to find suitable supported accommodation. We assist with and supervise tasks of daily life in a shared living environment, with a focus on empower, support, and enable, developing the skills to live your life, your choice. We want to empower, support and enable all participants with capacity building and work collaboratively with all providers involved in the care and provision of services for our participants, your life, your choice.
Shine SC Supported Independent Living really is a place you can call home and live independently on your terms, where your choices and privacy are respected.
You will experience:
- Honest and open communication
- Commitment to individual choice
- Teamwork to achieve your goals
You will gain:
- Your home, your choice, your rights – we work for you
- Your own Accommodation Agreement
- Three Tiered Housing Model
Shine Social and Communities are committed to empowering, supporting, and enabling our clients, families, and carers to reach their goals.
What we offer
Our person-centred approach, we will:
- work with participants and stakeholders to find the correct accommodation, location, and personal preferences approach to find suitable supported accommodation
- ensure you are safe and comfortable in your own home, your choices, your lifestyle.
- fill our home with care, friendships, and fun.
our holistic approach, ensures we will:
- operate on a three-tiered housing approach to support those with capacity building and to reduce supports over time.
- match qualified and experienced support workers/AINS/Nurses where required 24 hours a day.
- have access to a social worker and mental health nurse.
Our solution focused approach, we will:
- prioritise your home goals, finding solutions for everyday living working alongside all stakeholders, assisting participants to attend appointments, work, weekly activities, and social connections.
- ensure choice, control, capacity building and work collaboratively with all providers involved in the care and provision of services for our participants.
- individuals build their confidence, skills, and knowledge so you feel comfortable in your own home.
3 Bedroom House, Buderim, Sunshine Coast
3 Bedrooms | 2 bathrooms
One Vacancy with another Male Participant Mid 30’s.
Intellectual disability and Mental health.
What our participants say about us..
SIL with Shine allows me to be more confident and independent. The Support Workers are like a second family.
Our son has been supported in housing through a difficult adjustment period of transition from interstate. Shine’s staff have supported him in setting in and beginning to engage in more meaningful activities. We have been given the opportunity to raise any concerns and now feel we can look forward to a much brighter future for him. Shine have always been encouraging, enthusiastic and professional. We are so glad we found Shine on moving to Queensland and consider them to be energetic and deeply concerned to do their best for the individual person, in providing our son with the tools for a meaningful life.
Excellent, caring, thoughtful support staff, who act in the client’s best interests no matter what issues/challenges are thrown their way.